Each year, thousands of Toastmasters compete in speech contests. Competitions begin at a club level, and winners can continue competing all the way through the area, division, and district levels. The International competition has two additional levels — semifinals and the World Championship of Public Speaking® *
- Fall Contests will include the Humorous Speech Contest and the Table Topic Contest.
- Spring Contests will include the International Speech Contest and the Evaluations Contest
February/March – Club Contests
April – Area Contents
May – Division Contests
District 108 Finals TBD
Speech contest details:
- Evaluation Contest – Contestants observe a 5 to 7 minute-long speech and have 2-3 minutes to give their evaluation. The best evaluation voted by the judges wins.
- Humorous Speech Contest – Contestants give a 5 to 7 minute-long funny speech. The subject for the Humorous Contest speech must be selected by the contestant. The best speaker voted by the judges wins.
- International Speech Contest – Contestants give a 5 to 7 minute-long speech on any topic. The best speaker voted by the judges wins.
- Table Topic Contest – Contestants give an impromptu on a topic chosen by the contest chair. The topic must be a reasonable length, must not require a detailed knowledge, and must lead to an opinion or conclusion. Contestants will receive no advance knowledge of the topic until they are introduced by the contest chair. The same topic is assigned to each speaker. The best speaker voted by the judges wins.
[*] Content taken from https://www.tmd29.org/events/contests/fall-2020-table-topics-humorous-speech-schedule/